- Never operate the elevator if the car gate or landing door locking mechanisms are not functioning correctly.
- Never overload the elevator beyond its rated capacity.
- Never put any body parts through a car gate opening while the elevator is in motion.
- Never use the elevator in the event of a fire.
- Never bypass, remove or tamper with door locks, gate switches or any other safety features.
- Never attempt to repair your elevator yourself.
- Never operate your elevator if it does not seem to be operating as usual or is making an unfamiliar noise. Notify your service provider immediately.
- Always keep your elevator machine room clean and free of clutter.
- Always understand and know where your emergency evacuation procedures and devices are located.
- Always instruct family and guests on the proper operation of your elevator.
- Always keep the phone number of your elevator service company in a visible place inside the elevator.
- Always check to make sure the elevator is level with the floor before entering or exiting and watch your step.
- Always maintain a working telephone in the elevator.
- Always call a qualified elevator company or technician for service.